Conference Theme: Therapeutic Horticultural Programming in Public Parks
This conference will take place on September 13th, 2019 from 9:00am-5:00pm.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Purpose of Proposal
The Mid-Atlantic Horticultural Therapy Network seeks a dynamic speaker to present an hour-long keynote address in Morristown, New Jersey at the Frelinghuysen Arboretum on September 13, 2019 on the topic of Therapeutic Horticultural Programming in Public Parks. The talk may include a description of the park setting, one or more types of programs, how programming impacts the community as well as participants, when and why the program was started and any other details that will show the benefits of programming in a public park setting.
The Mid-Atlantic Horticultural Therapy Network (MAHTN) is dedicated to expanding the field of horticultural therapy and its use as a therapeutic and rehabilitative discipline. Each year a conference is held to support the interests and professional needs of the MAHTN members as well as to educate others (community members, allied professions, etc.) to the benefits of horticultural therapy for all individuals. The conference generally accommodates approximately 50-75 participants.
- Content must focus on the topic of Therapeutic Horticultural Programming in Public Parks (see detailed description in “Purpose of Proposal”)
- Presenter must have direct experience in the subject matter area
- The presenter should be available (by phone and email) to discuss specific content with the Conference Organizer prior to the conference
- The presentation should be targeted for one hour, inclusive of time for questions
Timeline for Proposals
- Proposals to be submitted by January 1, 2019
- Decision to be made by January 15, 2019
- Title of proposed session
- A brief description of the session: Limit 50 words. If your proposal is accepted, this will be inserted into the printed conference program to describe your session.
- Learning outcomes: Three learning outcomes should be provided that are measurable and indicate what the audience will learn by participating in this session. State, for example: “At the end of this session, participants will be able to . . . “
- Lecture/PowerPoint presentation: 60 min. A focused presentation on the topic described above..
- Requested Speakers Fee: (including travel and expenses)
- Proposals should be e-mailed to Ann Fahey ( ) and Linda Klug ( )