Management of sustainability data in higher education has experienced an exciting evolution over the last few years. Whereas spreadsheets used to dominate, there are now a variety of online tools available to help institutions efficiently track, manage, and reduce their environmental impact while generating financial savings. Each of these tools fills an important niche. However, it can be challenging for energy management and sustainability professionals to determine where they fit into a campus’s sustainability management plans. Join us for this webinar to learn more about six key tools:
1. GRITS (sustainability project tracking)
2. SIMAP (greenhouse gas inventory preparation)
3. Second Nature Reporting Platform (greenhouse gas reporting)
4. STARS (sustainability tracking and benchmarking)
5. USGBC LEED (green building certifications)
6. ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager (building energy, water, and waste tracking and benchmarking)
We will provide an overview of these tools, followed by a short presentation on what each offers to the higher education sector. We will cover their unique capabilities and discuss how they can be integrated with each other to reduce tool fatigue and reporting burden. In addition, we’ll discuss key industry trends in sustainability data tracking and reporting. Finally, we’ll present a roadmap to help your institution develop and execute a sustainability data management plan. There will be time for Q&A at the end of the presentation.