The Arboretum at Penn State Avian Education Summer 2022 Internship
• Develop, facilitate, and evaluate outdoor learning experiences, educational activities, materials, and programs related to birds, especially central Pennsylvania birds.
• Support bird walks, bird banding, and other programs organized and delivered as part of the Arboretum’s avian education program.
• Assist with the curation, maintenance, and development of the Arboretum’s avian education supplies and resources.
Education and Experience
Applicants should be currently enrolled in or recent graduates from an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Wildlife and Fisheries Science, Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Management, or a related field and should demonstrate a strong interest in environmental education. Applicants should have a basic understanding of avian ecology and biology and be able to identify common Pennsylvania birds by sight and sound. Preference will be given to candidates who can explain how this opportunity will help them reach their career goals.
• Resume or CV
• Cover letter
• Contact information for two references
• Applications must be submitted electronically via the Penn State Jobs website at https://hr.psu.edu/careers.
• This position is listed as Job: REQ_0000023787.
• Please make certain to include a cover letter and resume in application materials.
• Instructions for using the PSU Jobs website are available at https://hr.psu.edu/content/frequently-asked-questions-careers.