Core Competencies & Essential Functions
1. Promote a positive perception of the Garden through the development and fostering of relationships including, but not limited to, clients, vendors, and industry professionals.
2. Network and maintain connections with other events-related professionals in the industry and community (i.e. Visitor & Convention Bureau).
3. Responsible for leading the department to develop and coordinate events ranging from private and social functions as well as internal revenue generating Garden events such as WPS Garden of Lights, Concert Series, etc.
4. Solicits in-kind support for events in cooperation with Development department.
5. Works closely with Marketing department to coordinate internal and external event marketing plan.
6. Responsible for disseminating event information across all departments.
7. Responsible for events team supervision including, but not limited to interviewing, hiring, training, development, disciplinary action, budget management and scheduling.
8. Works with department to assure highest quality experience for all visitors, clients and vendors.
9. Works to develop profit generating Garden events within the strategic initiatives and organizational needs.
10. Produces and submits an annual budget to meet the operational and income/fundraising goals for each activity and event.
11. Manages expenses and income of department.
12. Ability to formulate policies and procedures for the safety, security and enjoyment of all attendees at Garden events.
13. Serve as spokesperson for the event with the media and outside sources.
14. Effectively engages volunteers in the execution of the events.
15. Oversees the food and beverage services, both internally and externally.
16. Flexes to cover a set number of Garden of Lights shifts.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Physical Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree (prefer Event Management) and/or five years or more of experience in event management and coordination.
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or other database programs.
3. Ability to effectively solve problems, think creatively, make decisions and take action, exercising independent judgment.
4. Ability to manage and organize multiple priorities at the same time.
5. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
6. Ability to keep many tasks related to each of GBBG’s events moving forward at one time.
7. Creative thinker who can aid in improvement & development of new ideas.
8. Ability to analyze, prioritize and implement solutions both short and long term.
9. Must be flexible in working hours and environment, as some events are held outdoors, and evening and weekends are required.
10. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs of supplies/equipment to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Bachelor’s degree (prefer Event Management) and/or five years or more of experience in event management and coordination.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the Hiring Manager at email@example.com