– Provides direction for and develops new and existing educational programs including professional education, adult informal education, and youth and family programs.
– Leads interpretive planning and implements interpretive exhibits and programs on site.
– Provides overall administration for education department and its staff including developing and managing budgets.
– Works with the Center’s executive team to develop strategic programs in support of the Center’s mission and DEIA and revenue goals.
Education and Experience
– Advanced degree in education, science, horticulture, communications or a related field
– Minimum four years leading an education/outreach program including developing curricula, managing budgets and providing thoughtful leadership
– Excellent communication and presentation skills
– Commitment to the environment and equity
– Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate
– Experience as a compassionate and skilled manager
– Experience working in a botanic garden or similar cultural/environmental organization
– Talent and propensity for creative, innovative thinking
– Experience writing grants and working with fundraisers to support educational programs
– Experience developing and executing an interpretive plan
Apply on The University of Texas at Austin jobs website here: