Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Managing a section of the property.
• Lead the team through projects within an area of responsibility.
• Support team members in various projects.
• Supervise and teach interns and volunteers.
• Complete pruning (crown cleaning, crown/weight reduction, structural, pollarding, and shearing) via rope, bucket trucks, spider lifts, and/or cranes.
• Perform removals via rope, spikes, bucket trucks, spider lifts, and/or cranes.
• Support PHC initiatives such as root collar excavations, root zone invigoration, and spraying or injecting.
• Support storm damage clean up.
• Support snow clearing operations via plows, brooms, blowers, and shoveling.
Education and Experience
We are looking for someone who is a team player and has a track record for working collaboratively. Safety is of utmost importance, and past experience with appropriate safety program protocol is preferred.
A successful candidate will have a desire for continued learning and professional development. Minimum qualifications include an Associate’s degree or higher in Forestry, Horticulture, or a similar field; a minimum of 3 years climbing experience as an Arborist, and a strong knowledge of plant health care. If an uncertified ISA candidate is selected, Longwood will provide support to obtain this certification within the first year of employment.
A successful candidate will have effective communication skills, both oral and written, and general computer literacy including knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word) and MS Teams helpful. Candidates must have or be willing to obtain a Pennsylvania Pesticide Applicator License and Pennsylvania CDL Class B driver’s license within the 1st year of employment.
Please apply for this unique opportunity online at https://longwoodgardens.org/employment/full-time-job-opportunities . For full consideration please include a letter addressing pertinent qualifications and interests; resume; and contact information for three professional employment references. We offer competitive starting salaries, an outstanding benefits package, and our commitment to your professional development. Longwood Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity, equality, and inclusion strengthen our institution.
Application Deadline: February 4, 2022