Project Learning Tree
PLT currently offers several online courses:
These online workshops are self-paced courses composed of several 20-30 minute learning experiences, called “coursels.” Each coursel has been designed using best practices in online learning and teacher professional development (review The 5+ Guiding Principles of Teacher Professional Development for more information). They prepare educators to integrate environmental education materials into their instruction.
Each online course provides a high-quality professional development experience.
- Focus on learning outcomes important to today’s educators
- Authentic tasks and project-based learning, including modeling activities and lesson planning
- Easy-to-use content focused on planning and preparation
- Connections to resources such as relevant online tools, supplemental content, and local and state resources
- Videos of educators modeling PLT activities and tips for how to adapt activities for your students and context
- Interactive simulations demonstrating key concepts in PLT activities (available in the K-8 online workshop)
- Interaction with the instructor, with clearly articulated expectations for completing the course
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!